Monday, November 9, 2009

German Bundesliga Rankings

I'll keep this short because I don't know a lot about German teams other than what I've read and what the rankings say:



Bayern Munich have been far from great. Maybe not as bad as their 8th place in the table suggests, but van Gaal has a ways to go to get them back in the title race. Leverkusen look like by far the best team so far.

edit: I just looked at Leverkusen's schedule because I found their huge margin at the top odd. They have played a very tough set of fixtures thus far. Looking at the table, they sit top and have played all teams from 2nd - 7th. Their five matches to round out the first half of the season are against teams that are currently 8th, 10th, 14th, 15th and bottom. While I have yet to see them play, I think it's pretty safe to say that they are likely to extend their 3 point lead if they can just play at something close to the level they have thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment